Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How to Coupon at Dollar Tree


Yes, you read the title correctly. Dollar Tree now accepts coupons. Since everything at the Dollar Tree is a dollar or less, this means free item heaven! When I tell most people that they allow coupons, they think that there isn't much that the Dollar Tree offers that would be applicable. I have however, found dozens of items that the Dollar Tree has in regular stock that are free with coupon. I have personally found:

Farmer John ground/link sausage, Garnier Fructis shampoo/conditioner, Alka Seltzer, Advil PM, Bandaids, Nature's Own bread, Sara Lee snacks, Reach floss, Progresso Recipe Starters, Campbells Chicken Noodle soup, Libby's canned vegetables, SuperSoft pretzels, WestSoy soy milk, Cepocol lozenges, Werther's candy, AirWick aerosol spray, Dial hand soap, and dozens and dozens more brand name products.

Several of the items at Dollar Tree that are free or close to it



When Dollar Tree first announced that they were accepting coupons, I was very skeptical that they would have any products that I would be able to used coupons for, so I walked the aisles, and I started to write down products that I had previously seen coupons for, just to see if it would be worth my time to come back with coupons. After two pages of potential products, I decided that I should try shopping at Dollar Tree. I put together all of the coupons that I could find for the items on the list, and went shopping. I got about $30 for free! Every since then, I go to Dollar Tree about once a week, and almost never pay anything but tax.




The Basics
Dollar Tree accepts up to four like manufacturer's coupons, and up to two internet printable coupons per shopping trip. This means that you can only buy up to four items with the same coupon, but you can purchase as many different types of items as you like. That's pretty much it! They will not provide overage, so if your coupon is for $1 off, and the item is .50, you will only get the .50 off your bill. Additionally, if you have a coupon for $3 off 3 items, each item will have $1 taken off. (Also, if the coupon is for $1.50/2, you will get .75 off each item, and if it is for $3/2, you will still only get up to the maximum of $1 off each item). Make sense? Actually, it makes dollars! (pun intended...haha!)

In addition to super stores (such as Walmart and Target), I would recommend bringing your coupon binder here on a regular basis, as their inventory tends to fluctuate daily with great new products. I would definitely try shopping at Dollar Tree, because there selection of amazing products is surprisingly good, and especially since everything is getting so expensive, who can afford to shop at the 99 Cents Only stores anymore? Dollar Tree is the store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment